I created these numberless dot to dot pages for her by placing our extra office supply dot stickers on computer paper - VOILA! Instant toddler dot to dot page. This is a really quick and easy activity to work on pre-handwriting skills with your tot that encourages them to draw horizontal and vertical lines. I let G choose what markers she wanted to use and off she went connecting "dot to dot."
There's a few ways you can adapt this activity too!
- Use multicolor dots and have your child connect the matching colors
- Write numbers on the dots and have your child connect the matching numbers (1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc)
- Write a sequence of numbers and have your child connect the numbers (think traditional dot to dot page)
- Write letters on the dots and have your child connect the letters uppercase to uppercase (A to A) or uppercase to lowercase (A to a)
- Write letters on the dots and have your child connect the sequence of letters (A to B to C to D)
- You can also allow your tot to create his or her own dot to dot! I gave G some dots and let her stick them on the page herself, then connect them. The peeling and sticking is great for fine motor skills too and having ownership of creating her own dot to dot was fun for her.
I hope your tot enjoys this one as much as mine did! ☺